Top 5 Reasons Why Doom 4 Will Be A Megahit
1. id Software is hiring new people which means that they are open to new ideas. Since they are one of the biggest in the business they can also afford to hire the brightest minds.
2. The new id Tech 5 game engine that will run incredibly smooth on all platforms. The demo version that was shown had 20 GB of texture data and textures with a resolution of up to 128000×128000 pixels. It will also feature much smoother shadow maps than the Tech 4 engine used for Doom 3. According to John Carmack the technology will practically eliminate the texture memory constraints typically placed on designers and artists and allows for the unique customization of the entire game world at the pixel level, delivering virtually unlimited visual fidelity.
3. id Software has been around since 1991 and produced hit after hit. If you follow their trail of crumbs from Commander Keen to Wolfenstein 3D, to the Doom and Quake series then you might get a hint as to where they are headed.
4. The whole Doom series is based on such a cool and easy to understand idea. You are fighting the biggest and baddest monsters there are and you have access to the biggest and baddest weapons there are. There is nothing more satisfying than ripping a zombie apart with a chainsaw or frying a cyberdemon with a BFG 9000.
5. When people hear id Software they immediately associate it with Doom. The company knows this and they know that they are not only putting the games name at stake but the name of their company as well. id Software will put their blood, sweat and tears into this game, and probably their souls too.